What is the PancreasPancreas is endocrine and exocrine organ ,That means it secrets hormones and enzymes.Pancreas is located in the back of the abdomen ,it is about fifteen cm in length.Pancreas has important function for digestion and maintaining blood sugar level.
İn most cases Pancreatic cancer has no any symptoms in the beginning of the diseases,symptoms depending on the size of the tumor. İn the late stage of the pancreatic cancer may seen
Signs and Symptoms.Anorexia
.Unexplained weight loss
.Pain on the side of the upper abdomen
Pancreatic cancer facts
- Most pancreatic cancers are adenocarcinomas.
- Few patients diagnosed with pancreatic cancer have identifiable risk factors.
- Pancreatic cancer is highly lethal.
- Pancreatic cancer is difficult to diagnose, and the diagnosis is often made late in the disease course. Symptoms include weight loss, back pain, and jaundice.
- The only curable treatment is surgical removal of all cancer.
- Chemotherapy after surgery can lower the chances of the cancer returning.
- Chemotherapy for metastatic pancreatic cancer can extend life and improve the quality of life for people with the disease.
- Patients diagnosed with pancreatic cancer are encouraged to seek out clinical trials to improve pancreatic cancer treatment.