What is Hypertension?Hypertension means increase blood pressure in the vessels and gives damage to vessel wall which we call intima ,inner part of the vessels and causes mainly organ damage like kidney,heart ,eyes and brain.Hypertension effect to body by silently for this reason we can say hypertension is silent killer.
Stages of Hypertension
- Normal Stage : systolic blood pressure <120 and diastolic blood pressure <80
- Prehypertension:systolic blood pressure;120-139 and diastolic blood pressure 90-99 mmhg
- Stage 1 Hypertension:systolic blood pressure;140-159 and diastolic blood pressure 90-99mmhg
- Stage 2 Hypertension:systolic blood pressure; > 160 and diastolic blood pressure 100mmhg
Major risk factor for Hypertension:
- Obesity BMİ >30kg/m2
- Sedentary life
- Diabetes mellitus
- family history,kidney diseases
- After age of > 55 in male and > 65 in female increase risk of hypertension
- Treatment of Hypertension
- High blood pressure treated by certain medications these are;beta blockers,vasodilators,antidiuretics,calcium channel blockers.but for young people usually doctors not prescribe beta blockers ,because beta blockers can cause side effect which effect sexual life.